This Code of Ethics is a summary statement of the standards of conduct that define ethical behavior for the massage therapist.
1. I shall demonstrate commitment to provide the highest quality massage therapy/bodywork to those who seek their professional service.
2. I shall acknowledge the inherent worth and individuality of each person by not discriminating or behaving in any prejudicial manner with clients and/or colleagues.
3. I shall demonstrate professional excellence through regular self-assessment of strengths, limitations, and effectiveness by continued education and training.
4. I shall acknowledge the confidential nature of the professional relationship with clients and respect each client’s right to privacy within the constraints of the law.
5. I shall project a professional image and uphold the highest standards of professionalism.
6. I shall accept responsibility to do no harm to the physical, mental and emotional well-being of self, clients, and associates.
7. I shall conduct all business and professional activities within their scope of practice and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
8. I shall be truthful in advertising and marketing, and refrain from misrepresenting his or her services, charges for services, credentials, training, experience, ability or results.